Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Family Weekend

Our weekend was focused on family.

Friday afternoon we had a cookout so Chuck's family could say hello and goodbye to his son Alex. Alex was heading back to San Diego after spending a couple of weeks here. It was the first time I had met him. He is in the Coast Guard and stationed in San Diego.  Chuck's father was also in town, so we had a little get together on Friday evening. It was my first time meeting him as well.

I picked Sean up from school and we spent the evening at Chuck's. His sister Cindy and her family came over, and his aunt Gerry and uncle Jerry. Of course Lilly was there also. It was great to meet new people and spend some time with his family.

Chuck had to work a 24-hour shift on Saturday, and we did our Fire Station Open House visit on Saturday. (See previous post.) That evening I took the kids to see a movie, and Sean and I stayed Saturday night.

Sunday I got up early and was not expecting Chuck to be back before I had to leave for church. He surprised me and was home in time for breakfast.

Sean was milling around doing his usual thing, but he also found a cardboard box and got inspired to make a costume. I think Chuck cut the rope, but the rest was Sean's creation.

He has become a fan of the movie "Predator."
That evening we herded the cats (kids) into the car and went to see a play at Seattle Children's Theatre. "Jackie and Me." It was good, but not my favorite. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it. We got there a little late, it was sold out so seating was tight. We had to sit at the back and not all of us could sit in the same row. Sean got restless, and I was distracted.

After the play we went to explore Seattle Center. Unfortunately I left my camera in the car and didn't get any pictures of the really huge fountain that sprays on some kind of repeated pattern. Sean and Chuck went down to try their luck at running to touch the center of it before it started to spray again.

We were getting hungry, so we left to find a place to eat dinner. We found a pizza place close to the theatre. It was good, but the kids were both being difficult. My stomach had been iffy all day, and I just wasn't in the best mood, either.


But I did get a nice picture of this pretty flower on the table.

After dinner we dropped Lilly off at her mom's. It had been a very full day, so we came home and collapsed.
Sean snapped this pic of Lilly's Pug in the car on
the way to drop her off at her mom's.

No comments: