Friday, July 1, 2011

Desert feet

Lilly's Pug and a glimpse of my pedi.

I'm not trying to freak anyone out, or make anyone sick, but my heels were so dry from being in the desert air that I was picking at them. Nasty, I know.

Just having one of my heels brush against my inner thigh was like being poked with a thorn. My feet were so dry it was changing the way I was doing everything. I couldn't sit the way I wanted in the car, and in all situations I tried to make sure my feet didn't come in contact with any part of Chuck's body.

As I was riding, looking at the scenery from the passenger window, I would pick at my heels. I caught myself a couple of times and decided the pedicure had to be scheduled asap upon our return home.

Lilly likes all things girly, and I figured a pedicure would be a nice thing for us to do together.
We went to a place in Gig Harbor called Julep last weekend. It was great. A bit pricey, but it's all non-toxic, eco and green and all of that, and we felt like it was very clean and we got a great pedicure. The most important thing for me was smoothing all the rough edges, but I'm enjoying the nice color on my toes.

We got the full treatment.
Lilly's new toes.

Ah, it sure is nice to have smooth feet. I'm sure Chuck appreciates it.

No comments: