Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ceremony : Wedding Plans

It's almost time to begin a countdown.
There are so many little loose ends to deal with, and I have a list every day of things to do, people to call, and plans to pin down.

We've been meeting with our pastor each month, and last week we had our final meeting.
Each word of the ceremony has been carefully chosen, and Chuck and I have collaborated on everything that is going into that day. The work we've put into it has been a wonderful experience for us. We have been truly blessed to have such a committed pastor who is willing to do whatever we need in order to make this day special for us.

There are a lot of little things that go into planning, and I will be adding more posts as I go along to share my experience. But the most important thing is really the person I'm marrying, and the work we are willing to do to make our relationship one that will bless our family.

I know everyone has their own style, and their own vision for their wedding. For us, it has been very important to choose just the right scripture, to have our pastor bless us at certain moments during the ceremony, and also to engage our guests in a vow to support our marriage.

Our next meeting with the pastor will be at the rehearsal. I think we've got all of the words chosen and everything is ready to go.

In the meantime, Chuck and I are going through the list of things to do, and making contact with musicians and other people who will be involved that day to be sure everything goes as planned.

Next Post: The wedding gown fitting appointment




No comments: