Thursday, December 31, 2015

Sean turned 13 in August

These posts are not going in order, but I'm telling myself it's better to get them finished than to have them perfect.

So, Sean turned 13 in August. It was a big deal, becoming a teenager and all. I wanted to do something really special for him, but as usual, when I want to do something really special, life has other ideas.

I did manage to write a message to him in a journal, that I hoped would mean something to him, but I don't even think he looked at it.
He wanted an Airsoft party, so that's what we did. We actually had the party in September. Chuck had already said yes to an expensive Airsoft gun for his birthday, and we invited the friends who are into it to a sleepover party. There were eight kids running around the property with Airsoft guns for a couple of hours.

We had pizza and cake, and hotdogs and Marty grilled some meat, and then the number reduced to about five. All boys, who spent the night in tents out in the garden area, where we could close the gate so they wouldn't be harassed by the dogs.

I took pictures, but this has been the year of losing photos, for me. I hate that I don't have any. I'm hoping Chuck took some.


No comments: