Saturday, November 21, 2009

What would you do with $350,000


Today Michael Jackson's white rhinestoned glove sold for $350,000. It struck me that when something is sold at auction for what is to me a large amount of money, I am surprised. In some cases it could be something valuable, such as a very beautiful and rare painting. When that happens I always hope the person purchasing the item will preserve it, and even make it available in some way to the rest of us who could never afford it.
But today we're talking about a glove.
If I had that much money, I'd like to think I could find a more creative way to spend it. Maybe fund research to help eradicate a disease, dig 70 wells for people in some area of Africa who don't have clean water, help fill a school library with books for children in a rural area of our own country-- good gracious the list is endless. But a glove???
What would you do with $350,000?

No comments: