Friday, July 9, 2010

summer, finally

I'm wearing a tank top, and it feels so nice. We finally have some 80-degree days here.
We've shifted into summer attitudes and are a little more relaxed about everything. We're doing some fun things like trips to museums, etc.
A couple of tall ships docked in Port Orchard first, and then Gig Harbor back in June. We made the trip to see them in Port Orchard, but it was late in the evening and they weren't open for tours. We didn't get to do the tour in Gig Harbor either. We were at the Tall Ships Tacoma event in 2008, but I don't know if Sean remembers much about it. These two here offered sailing with cannons firing for about $65 or $70 I think. Fun, but not in my budget.
At the dock in Port Orchard.
Sean has been wanting a pair of roller blades. We stopped in for an impromptu quick look around at our favorite thrift store last month and found a pair of roller blades for $3. They looked like they had never been used, and Sean and I were pretty excited about the find. They adjust to four sizes. 
He started out on the carpet in the living room, then moved to the kitchen floor as he got more confident. Within about a day he was just rolling all over the place.


Taking a spin on grandma's carport. Believe it or not, this was taken in mid-June. 
Yes, we were still wearing coats. 
Sean took a two-week vacation to Calif. to visit with his dad's family. I stayed here and worked a lot, and made some new friends through a local women's meetup group. 
Today is hot for us, in the 80s. The poor dog is miserable, so I went out and clipped a lot of her fur today. I didn't get a photo of that. I don't think you'd even want to see how much I cut ;o)



No comments: