Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blue beauty with wings

Recently my work days have been very long and filled with so many meetings that my head has been spinning. Some days I have had three or more meetings, and I've had meetings two Saturdays in a row. I have truly had to stop before walking in to remind myself what THIS meeting is about and make sure I have the agenda straight in my head.

On one particularly stressful day I had just finished a very productive and good meeting over lunch, and was in my car having a long phone conversation with my assistant about a problem and how to solve it. I was situated in front of a rock retaining wall and the sun was shining.  It was really a beautiful day, and I saw this guy flitting around and he landed on the wall in front of my car.
I  love it when I get little gifts like this right when I need them most. I needed this dragonfly at that moment. He/she served to take my mind off the stressful subject for a minute so I could realign myself with the big picture. I reminded myself that my job is just one part of my life, and there are so many other great things happening every moment of every day. Isn't this a wonderful world we live in?

No comments: