Monday, January 17, 2011

Fire and a Light Saber

Today was a free day. Sean was out of school and Chuck didn't have to work, so we planned for an afternoon/evening together.
Chuck is still clearing some of his property and Sean loves helping him pile brush onto the fire.
I had to stay back a bit and use the zoom to get this photo because I never know if Sean is going to cooperate with me when I have the camera. 
Sean had a great time feeding the fire while Chuck scooped more into the backhoe.
Once it started to get colder and the sun was behind a cloud I decided to go back up to the house. The wind was blowing and I was dodging the smoke. It wasn't long before they came back up and started planning for their project. It started here, earlier in the day when Sean showed Chuck the light saber he wants to build. They made a list of materials they needed in order to build it. Chuck has a little shop and he had everything they needed.
We took the list with us to Chuck's but we didn't have the written instructions for building it. When they came inside they printed out the instructions and pattern for it and went to work on that while I cooked dinner. I should have taken a picture of the fire in the fireplace. It was pretty dead and I got it started again and kept it going all afternoon.
The pattern is cut out of a PVC pipe--at least that's the first step.
They both had fun getting started on that project. Once they had the basic pattern cut, they brought the little file into the house to work on smoothing the edges while I finished up dinner. Chuck was a mess. I'll post the finished product when they have it completed. I think it's going to be pretty cool.
Sean loves hanging out with Chuck. They had a great day together. I enjoy watching them have so much fun. 




No comments: