Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Grillin' and ice cream

I feel very blessed to have found someone who is so aware of how important it is to raise children with focus and intention. Yesterday we spent the evening with Chuck and Lilly. Chuck had invited us for dinner and said if we got there in time he would have Sean help him clear some of the property with him on the backhoe. We arrived later than we wanted, but a stop at the store and traffic delayed us. It was already dark when we got there but I could hear the backhoe when we got out of the car.
Sean took his new electric guitar and amp and a Nerf gun and when he got those things settled he ran right back out saying, "I'm going outside with Chuck."
He spent a little bit of time on the backhoe and got to drive it back up to the main property.

For dinner Chuck made chicken with vidalia onion BBQ sauce I bought him at the Charlotte airport from one of those souvenir shops. Chuck took Sean out to the grill and had him make it. We had discussed how to get Sean to try new foods and it was Chuck's idea to get him involved in making the chicken. Sean had two pieces. It was really good. I loved it.
After dinner Sean played his guitar a little, then he and Lilly had a Nerf war.
I wish I had gotten pictures, but I didn't take my camera.
We packed in a lot of activity in a short time because Lilly and Chuck made ice cream after dinner.
When the kitchen was clean we went upstairs and watched a movie together and ate the ice cream.
We all had a great time.

No comments: