Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm a photog loser

Yesterday was the annual Farm Tour in our neck of the woods, and we invited Sean's teacher Meag to join us. She is such a great person. We totally clicked the first time we met. I mentioned it to her last year, after the fact, and she seemed really interested.

It was gray and rainy all day. She wore some beautiful wellies, and it made me wish for my old pair. I haven't replaced them yet, but she inspired me to start searching.

So the title of this post is photog loser, and it's because I failed to charge my camera battery ahead of time, and even though there was a little bit of battery power I failed.  (That's a long sentence, but I'm still sick and I don't have the energy to clean it up.) I took only one picture myself. Sean  grabbed the camera and got a few shots at the Fiber Arts Festival. He loves attending that event. We've been to it every year.

Chuck took us to a farm closest to our house first, and we got some good information about grapes, elderberry bushes/trees, and greenhouses. We also learned a bit about bee keeping, because the lady there is our local bee lady. Almost all of her bees have died, but she is hoping to save one hive.

From there we went to the Lavender Farm. We bought a couple of starts, and I bought a fresh bundle of lavender and a sachet. With any luck we'll have beautiful lavender next year.

We made our way to the Fiber Arts Festival and ended the tour there. There were so many things to see. Sean found a nice knitted wool beanie that he just couldn't live without. I saw a lot of things I'd love to have, but they weren't in my price range.

After our tour we came home and picked huckleberries in the back yard for Meag to take home. She stayed for dinner, and Chuck made a beautiful seafood feast of salmon, crab, and geoduck. All local, all gifts, or harvested ourselves. It was delicious.

It was a full day of fun!

No comments: