Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Family Time

A couple of weeks ago we spent the afternoon at Cindy's. There was quite a crowd of family members there for a little BBQ gathering. We had lots of food. A couple of people brought ATVs and the kids had a great time riding around the back yard.


Chuck and Sean sped around for a while, then it was Lilly's turn. I was wearing a dress, so I sat on the sidelines.

May was a great month. We had some nice weather and spent a lot of time outside in the gardens and flower beds. I also took the kids to the opening of the new playground at our local civic center.


Our dog, Molly, is settling in just fine. She is an Australian Shepard. We got her just after we got the chickens. She has learned quickly that it is her job to protect them.  She keeps the cats away from them and enjoys her job.
I say, "Let's go check on the girls," and she runs down to the chicken coop. Early on I made her sit in a specific spot there to keep an eye on them.  Today she was going nuts barking, and I wonder if she was trying to tell me the chickens were upset. When I got to the chicken enclosure they were very happy to see me. They were hungry because their feeder was inside the coop and I don't think they are smart enough to go inside to eat if they're hungry. In some ways they are kind of smart, and sometimes they're really stupid. But Molly is very smart.

No comments: