Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fountain glass

It's one of my favorite seasons--Yard Sale Season!
I like to just look to see what people are tired of, have to sell because they are moving, or have priced so high there is no way they'll ever sell it.
Karen and I used to talk about writing a book on how to have a great sale.

Luckily I have a man who also loves to go to yard sales. So last weekend we hit a couple of them and scored a few items.  This beautiful glass dish was one of them. It doesn't have a "made in..." stamp on it, and it is really heavy, so I think it must have been made by a glass artist, but I can't be sure.  I am completely certain that it was a bargain! I think it is beautiful, and it was only $1. (These people knew how to have a great sale.)


When I showed it to Chuck at the sale I said I wanted it for some place in one of the gardens, and he suggested we could put it in the old fountain. I like it, but I think it needs something. Maybe it needs some friends. I'm going to start looking for old paper weights to keep it company.

No comments: