Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Driving Miss Marsha and Chuck: Wedding Plans

As I said before, we have a lot of friends and connections and we are so blessed to know so many people.
Early on we knew we wanted some kind of old car to drive us from the church to the reception after the  ceremony. We tossed around a couple of ideas, but some of them were convertibles and I knew I didn't want that. I didn't want a windblown look upon arrival to the reception.
One idea was a firetruck, but I wasn't very thrilled with that idea. Chuck didn't seem sold on it either. Then Chuck had a brilliant idea.
He knows a guy who works with the LaMay family who own the cars that are displayed at the Car Museum in Tacoma. We have both been to the old museum, the original one that held all of the collection. Now there is a new museum near the Tacoma Dome.
He asked this friend if it would be possible for him to get a car from the LaMay collection to drive us from the church to the reception, and after a little time of making sure it was OK, etc., we were told yes!!
We are so excited to have an old car to drive us, and I can't wait to see it.


No comments: